With social media becoming such a big part of our everyday lives, it’s no surprise that employers are increasingly using social networks to research potential hires and gather more information than they would otherwise obtain during the interview process. In fact, 70 percent of employers use social media to screen candidates during the hiring process, and about 43 percent of employers use social media to check on current employees, according to a 2018 CareerBuilder survey.
So social media is a valuable asset when taking the next step in your career. Social media profiles can offer recruiters insight into a candidate’s personality, level of engagement in the industry and compatibility with the company’s culture, mission and values. When companies search for new employees, they are not just looking for candidates with the right technical skills to do the job. They're also looking for someone who will fit into their existing work culture and team dynamic. The pages and groups you follow, the things you post and share, and even the comments you make on other people’s content can give recruiters an impression of your personality and values, so be mindful of this when you’re on social media.
Following are a few pointers for perfecting your social media profile:-
• Use a current, high resolution photograph with your face clearly visible.
• Have a consistent username (your full name where possible) and professional email address.
• Be as consistent as possible across all of your profiles, keeping your information accurate and up to date.
• Review the posts and photos you’ve been tagged in, and untag yourself from anything unflattering or controversial.
• Highlight professional accomplishments along with relevant skills and work experience
• Optimize your professional headline.
• Add keywords to the other sections to ensure you are visible.
• Follow some career-relevant communities on social media that can help employers to build a picture of your interest and involvement in the industry you work in.
Prefer speaking with a human to filling out a form? Call our corporate office and we will connect you with a team member
who can help.
+91 98102 65571